Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[52 / 5 / ?]

/thoughts thread

No.32493578 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You know what, honestly, I will fucking miss these chibi models, why would I do? Because when I'm now replaying older games and remembering my bicycle simulator to hatch my eggs in X, it just reached to me, that these chibi's were literally PERFECTION for pokemon like game, they has ideal proportions, the overworld was perfectly big, the camera angle was nice and probably could be even nicer if we could just set up it in any angle we like, you guess my point?

In sun and moon everything became overgrown, and models expressions alone were lifeless like never we seen before, it was just not like it should be done for that kind of game without truly open world like in zelda for wii u or switch, sun and moon proportions felt like they were ready to create something much bigger and better, while they literally made only 4 islands, with routes and places like from final fantasy, there was no good camera angle to cover things in such way like older games were doing, it was impossible because the screen was too small for the map ect.

maybe I'm overthinking, but for me these games lost that old charm of perfectly scaled world