Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 3 / ?]

5 point reduction

No.32544380 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I tried this once before but stupidly on a day i couldn't check up on it regularly after the fact, so let me try this again. Also last time I did this people seemed to whine about not getting the point so I'll be clearer. The stat distribution we have along the current scale is fraught with irrelevancies: minuscule differences in base stats that make next to no functional difference when compared to like stats. So, instead of trying to parse 120 from 130 from 140 in stats a pokemon doesn't even get any particular use or advantage out of, I decided to simplify things by cutting it all down into 5 points. And average(3), a high(4) and a low(2) to denote those with distinct abilities, and then exceptionally high(5) and low(1) for those that need to stand out from those with only moderate stat focus. In this way redundancies in stat distributions are a little more apparent and it can give more focus on who could use restating or distinct move pools to better differentiate themselves from like pokemon.

Find your favorites, look at their neighbors. Do they have stat equivalent pokemon of other types; does that type better or worse utilize their stat distribution? Do they have a stat equivalent of the same type? Does one have a move set that better suits the stat distribution? Do they have a stat the just doesn't seem to make any sense? (like Slaking not actually being particularly slow)

I just copy pasted these from bulbapedia and ran it thru a formula, so it's not like i checked over each and everyone one of these. So, let me know if anything got fudged.