Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[48 / 8 / ?]

No.32640731 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
"...and then there's the issue of the Pokemon species (of Gen V). While there are a select few I can pass off as simple oversights, the overwhelming majority of the new cast make it clear that somebody had to bell the cat earlier - (James Turner) simply isn't going to cut it. Here we have, among the odd, oh-so-marginally modified creature from the crags and valleys of modern-day America, a myriad of monsters who are not monsters, designs which are not designs, and for all it's worth, Pokemon which are not Pokemon. (laughs) I'll put it this way -imagine you are tasked with creating a design for an extraordinarily popular Japanese game, the only pre-requisite being that it be based on your home country. Any American with a sense of pride would choose from the tomes of childhood memories, of history, of the American experience; hell, just on an animal. ...The fact that (Turner) chose, by his own whim, on his own accord, to waste such a privilege on an Ice Cream Pokemon speaks volumes about the man's upbringing, and about his state of mind. Had I worked (at Gamefreak), I would have been affronted, and probably a bit scared." - Salman Rushdie

Hmm...