Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 5 / ?]

I know X&Y are disliked, but the Gen VI Pokemon are awesome, right?

No.33140581 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don't think there's been a better batch of well designed Pokemon since Gen 1.

> One of (if not the) best set of starters. Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie are all adorable.
> Greninja is rightfully one of the most popular starters ever, and Chesnaught/Delphox have their fans.
> Best looking Route 1 bird in Fletchling/Talonflame. Was also really cool to get a non-starter Fire type early. Shame Sun+Moon regressed back to Normal/Flying.
> Best Butterfly in the series. I started with Gen 1 and Butterfree still can't touch this. Plus it has an awesome gimmick.
> Best fossils in the series hands down.
> A GHOST/STEEL SWORD. Best inanimate object Pokemon in the series.
> Klefki is great you fuckers. It's a little fairy that steals keys.
> This is probably going to be the most divisive point, but Noivern is the best Dragon in the series. Fuck your Salamence. Fuck your Flygon. Give me the doof doof Dragon.
> Best designed legendaries since Gen 3 at the very least, ending the reign of shitty Dragon Gods.

Then we have Hawlucha who pretty much everyone agrees is awesome. We finally got a Grass/Ghost haunted tree and it lived up to the hype. Pangoro, Malamar, Heliolisk are awesome. Barbaracle is an ugly piece of shit badass in the best possible way.

The Mega Evolutions are a lot more hit and miss, but there are plenty of really great ones. Mega Slowbro takes that design to its logical conclusion, with the Shellder now covering his entire body. Mega Sableye rips the gem from his chest to use as a shield and then eats it when he's done. Mega Ampharos shows us what it's like to go...even further...beyond. I could go on. They aren't all bad.