Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 2 / ?]

No.33556101 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
PWT thread?
This is the one thing I want the most for USUM so I really hope they bring it back, and I think it has a good chance too

Heres why:
>Hawaii was chosen as the Gen 7 region partially because World Championships take place there often
>NPC's in ORAS mention they cant wait to compete in the next one
>Fits the main story of the game with Kukui wanting to build the league to make Alolas trainers known all over the world
>Kukui mentions it specifically as he wants kids to go from being the Island Challenge champion to the World Champion
>First "third/enhanced" version since BW2, so its the first time they have time to implement a postgame facility
>Like BW2, these are the final games of the system, and of pure handhelds themselves as we move to the Switch era
>Future proofs the trainers models just like the mons themselves are
>Not that hard to bring back since teams and dialogue already exist from BW2
>GF would only have to design like 60 models, compared to the 80+ they already have for SM
>For BW2, they redesigned EVERY trainers walking models despite those sprites already existing, so it's not like they're opposed to it
>We've never had the chance to battle the Kalos leaders with full teams, or the Alolan captains
>Dexio/Sinna mentions that they hope you battle Diantha one day
>Battle Tree is already a mini version

Sun and moon are anniversary celebrations, and now that it's 3rd version time, and the last games on pure handhelds before we go into console territory with the Switch, it would be the perfect way to cap off the legacy of the last 20 years in one massive event where "It all comes together"