Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 4 / ?]

Let's list everything that is wrong with modern Pokemon games

No.33570953 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I start:

- Terrible/Little Post-Game content: Seriously who the fuck thought it was a good idea to completely cut Battle Frontier form ORAS and butcher the post-game contents of XY and Sun/Moon?

- Handholding: We all know the main market for the games are kids, but do they think kids are retarded? The handholding in Sun/Moon was intense, something I've never seen in a game before, everytime the fucking game was telling me exactly what to do and it was terrible. I have fond memories of getting lost in Pokemon Ruby and exploring the whole map until I found the place I should go to, unfortunately this feeling is now dead.

- Focus on story: Does anyone even care about Pokemon's story? Why would they give a huge focus to the story in the recent games? And even with that focus the story is still bad.

- Mega-Evolutions, Z-Moves and other dumb things: So instead of balancing the game, they want to create all those gimmicks that in the end amounts to nothing but to make a game that's extremely easy, even more easy. When the UB were revealed I was really happy because I thought they were finally adding bosses and a little challenge to Pokemon, but in the end they were just normal Pokemons.

- Online Infrastructure: It's fucking terrible in every game. I know there are a lot of purists around here but I'm sorry, they should make IVs and EVs easier to manage, they should also make online matches more "accessible" like creating a ranked mode.

I think that's all in my opinion.