Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 3 / ?]

No.33890107 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/vp/, the time has come.

With confirmed and on its way, you may have noticed that speculation about future games has already devolved into a shitshow about whether the next games will be gen 8 games, or gen 4 remakes.

This marks the dawn of a new era, and era in which hoenn fans are no longer the least mature, most annoying and outspoken fans. Now, people who played DPP/HGSS as their first game will become the most maligned and aggressive fans of the franchise. "Sinnoh Confirmed" will be the rallying call of these degenerates, grasping at any vaguely related information in an attempt to prove to themselves and others that they can predict what the next games will be, due to a mix of wishful thinking and "m-muh patterns".

I don't claim to know what games will come next, nor do I care particularly whether they are remakes or not, but I am braced for a cancer much like what we saw after gen 5 and gen 6, before ORAS was announced.

As such, the torch must be passed. New terminology is required. Hoennbabies are no more. Ruby and Sapphire came out in 2002, anyone who was old enough to read then is probably over 18 now. We need not call them babies any longer. We will still mock them for not having experienced pokemania, but we will not stoop to inaccurate insults. Here is the new paradigm:

Started with Gen 1 - Patrician, Genwunner, Original, Normal
Gen 2 - Johtochildren
Gen 3 - Hoenntoddlers
Gen 4 - Sinnohbabies
Gen 5 - Unovafetuses
Gen 6 - Kalosabortions (fitting, based on how much the generation was developed)
Gen 7 - Alolasperm

This helps to properly indicate which group of fans deserves the most amount of disrespect, and prevents us from having to figure out something appropriate for Alola. (sperm being pretty hard to follow up)