Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 6 / ?]

ITT: Come up with signature moves for the rest of the Ultra Beasts

No.34234130 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Nihilego
Wicke's description of Nihilego:
>In other words, anything or anyone that a Nihilego latches on to will have its native skills forcibly activated to their fullest extent and will then act as it naturally desires to.
always made me think it should get a doubles move or ability that causes the ally Pokemon to get +6 in their highest stat but prevents them from being controlled. Or something less extreme, but basically "boosts ally at a cost."
>Buzzwole
Flex: Fighting-type Status move that is a physical variant of Quiver Dance.
>Pheromosa
Bug-type Status move involving pheromones that cause infatuation to any male or female Pokemon. Fails against gender unknown Pokemon.
>Xurkitree
Terrain Drain: Recovery move that varies with terrain. Full restore in Electric Terrain, 1/2 restore in other terrains, and 1/4 restore without terrain.
>Celesteela
Crash Landing: Flying-type Heavy Slam, but with 1/4th recoil damage (less than Brave Bird's recoil to account for the varying damage). I was also thinking "Timber" as a Grass-type Heavy Slam (so it balances out by not receiving STAB and also fits Celesteela's movepool), but that sounds generic enough to be given to any tree-based Pokemon.
>Kartana
Zantetsuken: Steel-type Physical high crit rate move.
>Guzzlord
Devour: Dark-type recovery move that clears hazards, terrain, and maybe even all field effects. Or perhaps a Dark-type Leech Life, but I think the former is more useful.
>Poipole/Naganadel
Poison-type Status move sets up Sticky Web + 1 layer of Toxic Spikes. The move fails if any hazard is already on the opponent's side.
>Stakataka
Wall Slam: Rock-type Physical move that uses the user's Defense versus the target's Attack to calculate damage (the idea being that the target is using their physical strength to prevent the wall from crushing them).