Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

ITT: Stories from the Randomizer

No.34681833 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The Universal Pokemon Randomizer is an invaluable tool for shaking things up on the same old games we've played dozens of times but it leads to some buckwild moments. Share them here.

>FireRed: trainer pokemon, pokemon hold items, overworld items, TM moves, and TM capabilities randomized; trainer pokemon levels increased 15%
>Shellder as my starter and wild pokemon kept the same because I was going for a specific team
>arrive in Pewter City with a Shellder, Pidgey, Mankey, Rattata, Beedrill, and Butterfree
>engage Brock for the first time—his Geodude is now an Aron
>Nothing on my team can hit Steel/Rock effectively (Mankey was underprepared)
>whittle the Aron down and finally kill it through a vicious battle of attrition that kills all but Shellder
>up next: Sableye
>between six Pokemon that I own there are only 3 moves between them all that can hit Ghost/Dark at all
>Also the Sableye is Level 16 and has Night Shade, a guaranteed 2HKO on everything
>lose and formulate a plan

>I found a TM for Metal Sound on the way to Pewter City
>teach it to Butterfree
>Send out Butterfree against Aron, hitting first with Confusion which serendipitously confuses it
>luck out and bring the beast down
>Next is Sableye, who just purely outclasses everything I have
>But not for long
>Spam Metal Sound until its SpDef is -6, Butterfree is kill
>Use every other Pokemon I have to Growl its Attack to shit as well
>finally Shellder comes out against a fragile weakling of a foe (who still has a secret weapon of Night Shade)
>fire Icicle Spear which finally does significant damage
>Finally overpower Sableye after a close call with a Night Shade

strategizing that kind of over-the-top team effort is a lot more fun than just grinding