Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 5 / ?]

Red/Green reboot idea?

No.35020614 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
If we get reboots of Red/Green for the 25th anniversary, here's how I would imagine it to be.

1. Keep the Sevii Islands
2. Evolutions and pre-evolutions of Gen 1 Pokémon are available before post-game
3. New places to explore like the volcano that destroyed Cinnabar Island in G/S/HG/SS
4. Mega Evolutions are part of the plot (You obtain the mega stones for your starter later on)
5. Safari Zone works similar to the one from ORAS, but you only use Safari Balls and have 500 steps before the game is over
6. The Safari Zone also contains the Alolan forms from Gen 7
7. National Dex available at post-game
8. Gym Leader teams are slightly different with having evolutions or Alolan forms of Gen 1 Pokémon
9. The items you obtain from Prof. Oak's aides remain the same with the same amount of Pokémon required (Ex. You only get the EXP Share if you caught at least 50 Pokémon)
10. You get the same kind of freedom as in R/G/B/Y and FR/LG
11. You can rematch with the Kanto Gym Leaders post-game similar to Emerald and Platinum
12. The VS Seeker returns

I know you will say that's not what modern Game Freak would do entirely, but whatever.

I'm going to do the reboot G/S idea in the future that I think it would be even better than HG/SS.

How would you rate it?