Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[72 / 21 / ?]

Mega Salamence

No.35473784 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>high base 145 attack, plus you can run Adamant because “lol dragon dance”
>isn’t stuck with shitty outrage that invites fairy switch in and leaves you confused, double edge has a whopping 144 base power after aerilate, return hits 122.4, slightly stronger than brave bird with NO DOWNSIDES
>flying is only resisted by rock, steel, and electric, which all just happen to be weak to earthquake resulting in perfect coverage with JUST TWO MOVES
>even has above average base 120 special attack, meaning mixed sets are always an option
But it gets better.
>ridiculously bulky, has base 130 defense and 95 hp, accentuated even more by the intimidate on switch in which cuts the opponents attack stat in HALF allowing you to stack dragon dances to your heart’s content
To top it all off
>mfw something with this much bulk and attack has ludicrous base 120 speed
What the FUCK were Game Freak smoking. I remember when he first came out I played about 15 matches of OU on Pokémon Showdown before they banned him and I won 13 times, only losing twice to other teams with Mega Salamance. I have to imagine battle spot singles are unplayable with this absolute monster still on the prowl. Is he the strongest non-legendary in the game?