Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[84 / 6 / ?]

No.36011334 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>dislike anyone who didn't play Gen 1 first
Am I just an asshole?

Here's my take: people who started at Gen 1 and gradually saw Pokemon change and grow and progress have a better understanding of what makes all the Gens different, what went wrong, what went right, what was improved, etc. People whose first game was HGSS or something tend to go back and think "wow this looks so bad, wow ghost-type doesn't do anything against psychics this game is broken, wow gba graphics suck, wow no physical/special split this is trash badly designed" etc. Sure, if you grew up playing Super Mario World, then Super Mario Bros. will look like shit to you. These people don't have the perspective of people who were around from the start, so rather than seeing upgrades over time, they look back and see downgrades, and that's just stupid. I swear if I see another 19 year old say that Gen 1 is a broken glitchy mess because MissingNo. exists and Karate Chop is a Normal-type move I'm going to get fucking pissed.

TL;DR: I dislike people who didn't start with Gen 1 because I feel like they have a shittier, worse perspective on the Pokemon games as a whole due to not watching it progress in real-time