Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[45 / 6 / ?]

A more adult pokemon anime

No.36062906 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'd like a show where characters can bleed when bitten and not just get a crosshatched bruise. I would like a show where the criminal organizations have a goal other than stealing Pokémon, and bear closer resemblance to real organizations like the mafia or yakuza. It would be nice to have older trainers with older attitudes, who get involved with higher stakes where love and friendship aren't enough to save the day and they fight to the death with weappms. I'd like trainers and Pokémon to face real risks, to experience real loss, to truly be in danger when outmatched with like weapons and death, for even their victories to have consequences (people get injured when they fight in the real world even if they win, and they aren't magically healed the next day). I'd like legendary Pokémon to feel more dangerous and spectacular, and I'd like the cast to rotate in some way when they're involved, so the same characters aren't meeting every single legendary or mythical Pokémon. I would like more of the mysticism we know exists but to which we have little exposure. I would like realer settings, where not every city is pristine and the grasses always short and always a nice marked path everywhere.

Basically I want a show that's more adult because it's more real. I want a reflection of what the real world would be like if Pokémon were real. And the real world isn't always pretty. And the shows/movies/books/games that people tend to receive best are those that accept and embrace that reality.