Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 4 / ?]

No.36104010 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It’s funny. I was a diehard fan since middle school when I first played red and blue. I consistently bought the mainline games for each new generation, and a couple remakes, well through my 20s. I am far past the age of the intended demographic for the series, and now with let’s go I finally acknowledge it.

My hype for Pokémon as a franchise has dropped to zero. Just a mere six months ago I was speculating with the rest of you about generation 8. Now I could care less. Pokémon is finally dead to me and I realize that game freak does not know and does not care what the fans want.

Ironic, because most guys my age probably think let’s go is the best thing to happen to the franchise in years. This game will sell gang busters and save the franchise according to most news outlets and journalists.

Too bad they’re also the same people who stopped buying the games when the GBA came out. The same people who ate up Pokémon Go. The same people who will take this franchise down the same path that franchises like New Super Mario went down.

Pokémon games from now on will be sterile. Simplified. Catered to the lowest common denominator. And people will eat it up.

This is the first time I visited this board since the announcement. I’ve gone through all the stages of grief. And I have excepted that I am officially too old for this is the first time I visited this board since the announcement. I’ve gone through all the stages of grief. And I have accepted that I am officially to old for this shit.

Enjoy your new game, /vp/. I hope it’s good to you because this is all you’re gonna get from here on out.