Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 6 / ?]

Ultra Space Shit

No.36122550 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm not about to be another fag to "start" a project based only on a neat idea with no direction, so, /vp/, tell me what you guys think about this.

Basically, it's all centered around the criminally unused Ultra Spaces in USUM. You are a new recruit in the Recon Squad, and the Megalopolis has since expanded civilization into the other Ultra Spaces. Your job is to stop disturbances from Ultra Beasts, and the emphasis is entirely on exploring.

>There are no gyms. The purpose is to complete missions around the Ultra Space, and to defeat the boss Ultra Beast.
>You cannot catch the Ultra Beast on the first encounter. Once you complete the objective, you can come back later to a dungeon that has opened up. (Think optional legendaries in games prior)
>Poipole is the starter, and now has new evolutions from move tutors you unlock after completing the said objective in said Ultra Space (ground evolution after Ultra Desert, fighting after Ultra Jungle, etc)
>Blacephalon and Stakataka now have Ultra Spaces. Both are uninhabited, and Stakataka's is a castle comprised of only him. He senses that you're disturbing his harmony, so he starts assemble a normal one the deeper you go. At the bottom, he challenges you.
>New forms of Pokemon that could theoretically only exist in the Ultra Spaces they belong in (more muscular Pokemon in Ultra Jungle from the roided water, supercharged electric types in Ultra Plant, etc)

I didn't do too good at a job explaining it, but please let me know of any criticisms, ideas, or questions you guys have. I drew the main characters, but they're both from a sugi base and they're bound to change. I'm not about to start a project without a complete outline of what it will be, because that's how most fangames fail.