Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 4 / ?]

No.36433576 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
LGPE is the Teen Titans Go/Ben 10 Reboot/Total DramaRama of Pokemon. It's casualized and watered down to appeal to the younger generation, but it's not all bad, because they simultaneously revealed the 2019 game will be the true successor continuing the ramping up style of adventure of the past generations.

My issue, and I think what some people are pointing out but not everyone is really focusing on, is the case that LGPE isn't a Switch game poorly made, but rather it's a game that was made without a home in mind. It has a very catch-all look, implying they were ready to put it on 3DS, mobile, the Switch, or even an unknown device (the president had been hinting to a 3DS successor) depending on market research. If the rumors are true about internal disagreement, it was probably over the decision to release it for Switch. I think Nintendo/TPCi pressed GF to release a mainline Pokemon game for 2018 (since Pokemon is a well-known device seller) after not being well-equipped to release one for 2017, hence the huge staff upgrade. Pokken wasn't GF nor adventure style. LGPE was experimental more than anything, not really mainline, but they would refer to it as a mainline game to satisfy Nintendo's insistence. At the end of the day, I'd advise to stop complaining about it and ignore it like it never existed, since the 2019 game is irrelevant to it (later release date doesn't imply at all that start date is after LGPE reception). If LGPE comes out with unique Pokemon, formes, or other things, they'll be accessible in the 2019 game one way or another.