Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 4 / ?]

No.36606612 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Greets /vp/.
I'm a time traveler from the year 2025, happy to see the board online and not merged with /v/.
I come with good and bad news regarding the future of Pokemon.
The bad news is that Generation 8 is the last generation in continued release before the developers decide to go on hiatus. No new generations have been in development ever since its release. By the way the leaked Pokemon 891 is real, its name is Amalgum and it's a normal/steel mythical that works as a hard counter to the tapus due to its signature move cancelling terrains.
On the flipside, the Let's Go games proved a blessing after they were released. The baby talk moves gained traction as memes after being used in the anime, and as a result people got interested on the franchise again. Kids love to say them, somehow the meme has been harder to kill than One Direction (they reformed with a korean guy in place of Zayn and now market themselves as a Kpop band, it's cringy as fuck but it sells) and every 2 years there's been a new Let's Go Pikachu with a different second version and even more new baby talk moves. So far we've got Togepi, Skitty and Munchlax, but the games are not set in Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh. Instead what we get is basically Kanto reshuffled with 2 or 3 new routes and other minor additions. These games have proven critic-proof, they consistently get 4-5/10 but still sell better than everything short of Gen 1.They've kept the Switch alive longer than planned too, its successor the Switchbook will be launched in December 2025 only because of Miyamoto's insistence (he wants a more powerful console for the next Mario and Zelda).
TL;DR, Pokemon lives on through Let's Go life support. At least it's still alive I guess?