Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

Third Versions/Same-Gen Remakes/Whatever You Want to Call Them

No.36689723 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, so I'm kinda curious.
I know the general consensus is that in a perfect world, third versions wouldn't be necessary at all - "just put it in the game to begin with," "finish the game before you release it," "add it as DLC," et cetera. Honestly, I pretty much agree with that perspective and I don't want this thread to be about WHETHER third versions should happen.
But suppose a third version IS going to happen. What are some of the things you'd look for? What would actually make it worth a second purchase to you? What would keep it from being redundant to the original?
In addition, based on the third versions we've already gotten, what kinds of things do you already expect from them that you can't do without? What CAN you do without?
Just... basically, if you were in charge of making a third version - and you have a year and all of Game Freak's resources to make as big an improvement over the original as possible - what would you do to make it the best game possible?
(This isn't for any specific game, so you can talk about what you wish an existing third version did differently, what you would have done in a third version to save XY since Z never happened, or just completely generally speaking.)
I'm really just curious about responses to this as a hypothetical - please don't derail this too much into the matter of whether a third version should happen, because that's not the point.