Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 2 / ?]

No.36939854 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think the Sun/Moon season of the Pokemon anime is underappreciated on this board (seriously, even in the pokeani generals, its mostly Serena shitposters), and it's unfortunate because it does so many things right.

-By making it slice of life instead of having a long arc ""plot"" (because admit it, Pokemon plots were never the best and even XY's plot was only good because it was in comparison to the rest of the other seasons and the game), it made all the individual episodes a lot more entertaining and comfy.

-Having a more varied cast makes the dynamics in-between everyone a lot more fun instead of recycling the same companions + Ash bonding episodes interspersed with characters of the day that never show up again. Even in XY I couldn't think of a time when Clemont and Serena had an episode to themselves since their entire characters always revolved around Ash.

-I liked how it included the Pokemon too, since it was nice getting focus episodes on them, like Charjabug's racing, the ride Pokemon at the spa, and so on.

-Even the characters of the day were reoccurring because there was no real travelling involved, and it's nice seeing even the most minor character come back and become relevant later on (like the pancake girl, the old lady that fed Litten in the beginning, the Team Skull grunts, and so on)

Why do people hate this season so much? It's cute, the art style is bouncy and lively, and each episode is entertaining in their own way. I think it's unreasonable to expect Pokemon to be a serious shounen when it's meant to only market for kids. I say this as someone who genuinely enjoyed XY but SM is better in every way, in my opinion.