Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

I'mgameMastering a PKMN RPG...

No.37129051 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
... and need some tips about the settings.
This my 2nd time, first my players chose Kanto, and now Johto (because they love Johto anime).

They don't used to like Pokémon before, but my first campaign achieved this, and they asked for more. My Girlfriend even played my Moon on 3DS, and everyone started to watch the Sun/Moon anime. So, I believe I'm doing a nice job.

So. I need some tips about setting Johto. Kanto was more an urbanized Japan, so the NPCs are more 'open' to the modern world. Loves technology, giant buildings and vehicles. For the Kanto league, everyone around the world gathered there to try the gyms trials. So, Johto is more like a traditional version? People living myths and legends as religion; natural bond and trying to reach Pokémon's spirits with some kind of mystic link?
My girlfriend gave an awesome idea with her background story. Like the 'forbidden city' at China, her family lives in a hidden village close to the Ho-oh's tower, and their ancestral protects the story, legend and the tower from intruders.

They're living Violet City(after exploring the legend about Bellsprout Tower, and learning about the 98ft tall Bellsprout living here (maybe true, who knows?) and going to Goldenrod, after Azalea to try beat Tsukushi.