Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[84 / 11 / ?]

The SM Anime is the best season of the anime

No.37245853 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I honestly do not understand one bit of the hate against the anime. In fact most of the complaints are so stupid that it's clear that they are from people who only watch generic shonen trash like Black Clover because that's what the XYZ season was, generic shonen trash.

Lets start with the complaints about the artstyle which is practically the main complaint about the new season. I think we can just throw this complaint out the window to be honest. XYZ fans, as the boring people they are, prefer the sharper more old school anime look which we all know, does not age well. Have you noticed that Studio Ghibli films never used these sharp facial features? Want to know why? BECAUSE OUR BLOODY FACES DONT LOOK LIKE PENTAGONS. Every series is moving to this more simplistic style. Just look at My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, the new Dragon Ball Super Movie, Boruto, Food Wars, and even the new Pokemon movies. All of these anime have significantly reduced how sharp the faces of the people are. Why do they do this? Well it's because it makes the fight scenes ten times better. They are way more fluid and impactful because they don't stick to one model. The characters are also way more expressive which leads me on to my next point.

Another reason people seem to dislike this is because of the genre. No longer is the anime, boring, generic shonen garbage but it's much more of a slice of life style anime. It's a more relaxing take on the series especially considering that it's set in a tropical region like Alola. The fact that it's a slice of life anime, makes the story more relatable. Team Skull is amusing and team rocket aren't just doofuses anymore. The world is also much better built thanks to this. It actually feels like pokemon world. The artstyle of the new anime is also akin to what most slice of life anime look like... (1/2)