Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[38 / 2 / ?]

Why you should / shouldn't hate Smogon

No.37291464 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I promise this will be my last post ever trying to educate you dense motherfuckers. I'm addicted to this board cause I've been here for years, and time after time I've seen so many arguments against smogon based on either fallacy or miseducation.

So I'll make this clear:
>Why you SHOULDN'T hate Smogon
1. Tiers are based on usage. If your bro is PU or whatever, know that it's bad because people don't use it., not because boogyman smogon says so. Usage based tiers are one of the best ways to indicate viability. Sure, there's instances of new toy syndrome, misunderstanding of the meta, and forcing yourself to use bad mons for whatever reason that end up muddling the true viability. But these are small effects, and players end up being rational enough to pick and use the good mons, not the trash ones. And if you think your mon is so good, why dont you use it and show people your success; then it can catch on and be OU if it's so good. Note you have to be higher on the ladder, as low ladder fags dont influence usage.
2. Dont hate Smogon for bans. Most bans are suspect tests, so you can vote as well if you make the reqs. I have disagreed with bans before, but thats only my anecdotal opinion and evidence. Obviously if theres a ton of distinguished players voting one way, that is likely the best course for the meta.

Why you CAN hate smogon:
1.Viability ratings are the only judgements on smogon and smogon staff that involve individual pokemon. And yes, they have been very wrong before and they are picky with who's voice gets heard.
2.Hate the child molesting, circle jerking staff. They fucking suck
3.Any other gay formalities like how faggot or tranny is filtered on the texts.

I hope I cleared this up for you fucking losers. If you have any more questions, concerns, or death threats toward me, please list them in this thread.