Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.37456677 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-why-decidueye-wasnt-chosen-piranha-plant-character-changes-online-much-more/3/
>So, Incineroar was taken from the newest Pokémon games.

>Sakurai: While I was having talks with The Pokémon Company, they had shared with me some of the development details for the upcoming Pokémon Sun & Moon games. Up until the very end it was between Decidueye and Incineroar – which one should I choose? I felt like I could do interesting things with either of them, but in the end, I went with Incineroar.

>What led you to the deciding between those two?

>Sakurai: They were both strong as characters – had it been Decidueye, I could’ve done a variety of things with projectiles and the like.

>There hasn’t been a fighter that fights like a pro-wrestler.

>Sakurai: Part of what they showed me had an image of a fire vortex coming out of Incineroar’s belt, but that didn’t really go with the pro-wrestling image, so I didn’t use it. I thought it would be more fun if the character revolved entirely around the wrestler concept. That being said, pro-wrestling can be completely different depending on the generation, right? I grew up in All Japan Pro-Wrestling and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s heyday, when they were still being broadcast on Golden. As of today, though, it seems like there’s a lot of people that don’t really know much about pro-wrestling.

>For sure…

>Sakurai: There might not be many people out there saying “I saw a pro-wrestling match yesterday!” (laughs)