Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 4 / ?]

No.37664091 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey Vsauce! Micheal here. I have recently been studying the scientific origin of fecal matter for my new video, which lead me to the question: what exactly is Pokémon Let's Go?

Many people think that it is a remake of the Game Boy color title Pokémon Yellow, yet is that really the case? You see, one of the things that made Yellow a huge success was that it was fun, rewarded exploration and a steep difficulty curve. These are things that the new titles lack.

It was American writer Robert McKee who said “Boredom is the inner conflict we suffer when we lose desire, when we lack a lacking.” Is it then the case that LGPE is boring as it, you know, lacks the main features that made the original stand out? Well, it's not that simple, as the cultural context of the new releases is different from that of the late 90's. A new audience with new customs, known as the Zoomer generation is the target demographic. This generation values linearity, non-ambiguity and guidance, so in a very real sense, LGPE *is* Yellow, but created in a different time and context. We live in a society that evolves, and so do its customs, traditions and values. It is certainly possible that in the future we will look back to LGPE as the titles that reinvigorated the franchise. Then again, we'll probably all be faggots in 20 years time. And as always, thanks for watching.