Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[323 / 38 / ?]

No.37782163 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Year of our lord 2k+19
>The highest-grossing media franchise of all time, in a console powerful enough to render stuff like Zelda BOTW or Mario Odyssey, can't even surpass the animations of Stadium, a game from 1999 (in which, unsurprisingly, game freak wasn't involved)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-otq8Inv00

>with graphics that look like a wii game at best, static models from 2012-2013, a fixed camera that only lets you see what they want you to see, and a lineal world with exaggeratedly limited corridors, this is what gamefreak, after more than two decades of developing pokemon games, has to offer.

Let's not even talk about the lackluster content and how they remove good mechanics from their games because reintroducing them would require too much effort. Don't worry though, because if you're lucky, they will make a second (third) version of the same game that may expand the almost non-existant post-game of the first two. It may be partially incompatible with the first two, because they don't even consider patching their 2 year old games, but it's fine, these poor indie developers don't know better.

about the video:
> inb4 b-but that's let's go! surely sumo2.0 aka pokemon SW/SH will have better models, animations and overall graphics!
have you watched the trailer? It's the same 2013 models with the same xy-sumo animations

I can't comprehend why ""gaming"" """journalists"" aren't shitting on that joke of a company. They either don't want to upset the pokedrone horde or they are pokedrones themselves. I honestly feel bad about the whole situation, because i like (or liked) pokemon, but its braindead fanbase has killed its potential by rewarding mediocrity and praising absolutely everything that gamefreak shits. At his point, they should go full greedy and keep making turds like let's go, because the gamefreak apologists will find a way to justify everything.