Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 3 / ?]

What role, if any, will these guys play in S&S?

No.37875617 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It feels so odd to me that there are Pokemon that are exclusive to a mobile app and can't be attained normally in any other game. What I mean is, you need a spin-off to attain a Pokemon is so out of the ordinary that I can't see these Pokemon just serving as GO advertisements. Yes, we had Manaphy with the Ranger games, but GF at some point made Manaphy obtainable without connecting to Ranger. Will the case be made for Meltan and Melmetal? That, at some point down the line, you can attain them in a future game via an event unrelated to GO?

I think there's more to this than just a simple event. I think Meltan and Melmetal will play a role in S&S. Not saying they are Gen 8 or anything like that, but that they will factor into the storyline somehow just as Zygarde did for Gen 7.

Melmetal's dex entry in LGPE specifically mentions it having come back to life after 3,000 years. Such a weirdly specific time. 3,000 years was when AZ's war ended. Kalos is based on France, and Galar is modeled after UK. France and UK have had wars with each other spanning centuries. So this begs the questions: Did Kalos fight with Galar all that time ago? Are Meltan and Melmetal connected to this war? Why bring something as specific as 3,000 years up in LGPE if time doesn't mean anything?

(1/2)