Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 1 / ?]

Bare Minimum new Pokemon count?

No.37896798 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm just doing a count of what the bare minimum of new pokemon is that we can expect for Galar. Personally I think the days of 100+ new pokemon is behind us, but new pokemon sell games, they need new pokemon for the anime and to theme episodes, they sell merch like today's and cards with new pokemon...so we know there always will be some. This is my prediction for bare minimum expectations of what they will give us:

-9 for the starters
-3 for regional bug
-3 for regional bird
-2 for regional rodent
-3 for pseudo legendary
-4 for fossilmon and evolutions
-6 for version exclusives*
-2 for box legendary
-1 third legendary
-1 mythical
-1 pikaclone
-2 Evil team leader signature-mon
-18 at least one new pokemon for each (we usually get at least two new lines for each type. Albeit some could be mixed typings, but also have evolutions, or could be the same as some of the pokemon above. This is a conservative number for estimation purposes. )

(*They always do at least two new version exclusive mon, sometimes with evolutions, sometimes not. I think safest prediction is to assume two of those won't have evolutions and the other two will be two stage, which is where I got the 6 number.)

My total assumes we can expect at least 55 new pokemon as a minimum. Now, they could always shake up the system and have in past (no new fossilmon, or six legendary could be same pokemon with different forms, etc.) But this is just what I could think of. Thoughts? Changes?