Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 5 / ?]

Info On 2019 Spinoffs

No.37977718 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Act like you've never heard this one before.

I'm close friends with an insider. Believe it or not, doesn't really matter. What I'm here for is facts. We have info on several spinoff games being released for the Pokémon series in 2019. No, I don't have any info on Sword and Shield, those games are kept heavily under wraps where she works. Don't get your hopes up for Gen 8 content here, all but one of the games I'm about to tell you about are Gen 7.

I'll start off with the big one: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for Switch. Yes, it's happening. The official title is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into Ultra Space, and it's slated for a Fall release, before S&S. Spike Chunsoft isn't involved with this one, they just outsourced the Mystery Dungeon brand to Nintendo (like they did with Chocobo's to SE) who are working with Intelligent Systems to develop this game. The 3D models from Super and Gates are still being used, and every single Pokémon from the first 7 generations is recruitable. All the starter choices from Super are returning, plus Eevee, Axew, and the Alolan starters. Supposedly includes some online functionality, and links to Sword and Shield in some way (similar to how Ranger linked to DP). I don't know any story specifics, but my cohort has said it's much closer in tone to Explorers than Super. The team at IS knows the PMD series very well, and are making this game with the fans in mind.

Secondly, Pokémon Picross is getting a Switch release. I don't know if it's a port or a new game, but I do know it includes new puzzles, uses the same FTP model and runs on the Picross S engine. Coming May 8th.

Pokémon Quest is getting a major update, adding a second island (not as large as Tumblecube, but close in size) and Gen 2 Pokémon. Coming in June.

Continued in comments.