Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

Worried

No.37991829 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anyone else finding it hard to be optimistic about the new dex given all the ways Gamefreak could and has messed them up before? There's so much that can go wrong here

>Less than 80 new pokemon
>More than 10 legendaries
>New pokemon make up less than a third of the dex
>Uninspired designs
>Unintentionally ugly designs
>Ugly starters
>Oversexualised pokemon for no reason
>Pokemon only learning a move at a level before they evolve i.e. alolan marowak
>Pokemon missing moves so obvious they get patched in later games i.e. kommo-o and close combat
>Too many pokemon with abysmal speed stats
>Unbalanced amount of pokemon per type; ground, ice, and dark are the usual victims
>Group of legendaries that overcentralize OU (only if you care about competitive)
>Massive chunk of dex evolved forms of old pokemon (unlikely but has happened before)
>Massive chunk of dex devoted to overpowered ultra beasts/mythicals that can't be used on a normal ingame team without trading
>Lack of usable regular pokemon causes gym leader teams to have one new pokemon at most
>Baby pokemon; even worse if they can't be obtained early on or without breeding for some fucking reason
>Pokemon that can only be evolved in late game areas leaving them in a weaker form till late game
>Poor distribution of new pokemon causing route encounters to be full of old pokemon
>Boring, single-type, dragon psuedo
>No new mega evolutions or regional forms
>Barely any three-stage lines
>Pokemon with abilities that make no sense i.e. pyroar
>Pokemon that can only evolve if they're a specific gender without any ingame indication beforehand