Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 2 / ?]

Pokemon Sword and Shield Information

No.38080099 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have some interesting info on Pokemon Sword and Shield. I don't expect this to get a lot of attention now, but later once more information is revealed, I think people will come back to this once it's validity has been established. I don't have full access to the games (I'm working on the marketing team for North America), but I do have some limited info. I also have a reliable source who was an important leaker during the S/M pre-release days. Anyway, I'm going to throw some info down below in no particular order. Do with it what you may. I'm throwing this out there to see people lose their shit when the next trailer drops in early April and some of this information is confirmed. More will be confirmed throughout the marketing cycle of gen 8. Without further ado:

~No new megas in S/S, but you can obtain the old ones in post game
~No new regional variants, but you can trade for certain Alolan variants throughout your journey
~No new shiny forms, the 'Ultra Shiny' info from about a year ago was regarding a TCG set and NOT S/S
~There are no new Z-Moves, though you can get most of the Z-Crystals in post game. You obtain them in sets for completing specific quests. Some of the Z-Crystals are in the game's code, but not obtainable through normal gameplay. I assume they will be event distributions.
~Character customization returns, and is much more robust than before. There are plans to make more customization items available through free updates. There will not be any paid DLC.
~There will be around 97 new Pokemon, I assume there will be some hidden event Pokemon but I haven't seen them.
~New evolutions and pre-evolutions to old Pokemon. Skarmory gets an evolution, Eevee gets two evolutions (Dragon and Ghost)
~The wolf-like Pokemon seen in the logos refers to the same Pokemon - which has two forms: defense and offense. This Pokemon is the protector of the Galar Region.