Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[33 / 8 / ?]

"Who cares if Sword/Shield look like upscale 3ds games?"

No.38195287 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
While graphics/animations arent enough to make a shit game good, they are incredibly important to the overall experience of the game. I remember as a kid playing the stadium games, colosseum/GoD, and especially battle revolution and being amazed by the battle sequences. I loved seeing Pokemon with lively 3d models. The coolest thing to me was seeing the scale of Pokemon when compared to each other and seeing how giant pokemon like Wailord and Steelix were compared to other pokemon and trainers. I loved how pokemon would run up and hit each other in battle revolution. These games made me excited for the future when main series pokemon games would come to home consoles.

A few years later, we got the 3ds games. The 3d was alright, but the models and battle sequences were pretty lame. The models were lifeless with washed out colors, and the pokemon weren't to scale. This was even more evident in SM where wailords were smaller than the fucking trainer. All of this can kind of be excused because since they were still on handheld. Now there is no excuse. We finally have pokemon on a home console and it is a marginal upgrade from what we got with the handheld games. From the looks of it, we're getting the same models, the same animations, and the same lack of scale. I've always been optimistic when it comes to Pokemon, but fuck I'm disappointed. There is no reason for the aesthetic of these games to go DOWN over time. I'm sad bros.

tl;dr its fucking egregious that a Wii game from 12 years ago is more visually impressive than a 2019 switch game