Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[60 / 11 / ?]

No.38624873 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Have you ever been really excited for a new game in one of your favourite series?
Have you ever bought that game, brought it home, and realised that it was everything you DIDN'T want?
That's this game.

Each Pokemon generation up until this point had become more linear than the last game, and had far more of a focus on the story.
Each time the evil team plot reared its ugly head in these games, I almost always wished it weren't there so I could play the game I actually wanted to play.
Pokemon Black and White are nothing but evil team plot.

You're never given a break from this game's cast accosting you and telling you what to do and when to do it.
Your "best friends" harass you, and one forces you to watch her resolve her daddy issues.
Team Plasma appears in nearly every town in the game. Sometimes they commit random petty crime. Sometimes their leader pops in to tell you you're a horrible person. Sometimes they just pop in to say hello. It's absolutely infuriating.

In most Pokemon games, the evil team plot is mercifully over before the final badge and the Pokemon League. Not this time. In fact, you don't even get to become champion. No, the "king" of Team Plasma decides to drop by before you can face the champion and fucks everything up, summoning the legendary dragon Pokemon, forcing you to catch one, and having "a final clash of truth and ideals". What the fuck ever.

Team leaders went from "I have to stop him from stealing shit and hurting people/Pokemon!" to "I have to stop him from destroying the world!" to "I have to deal with this annoying sack of shit who won't leave me the fuck alone!'.

Ghetsis turning the evil team plot into "I want to rule the world" at the last minute somehow made it even worse.

The region is more or less a straight line. They aren't even obtuse about it this time by requiring you to backtrack. It's just a straight line from your house to the end of the story they've laid out for you. (1/2)