Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[7 / 2 / ?]

No.38871414 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The Gen VIII changes I want to see:

Types:
Ice now resists Ground.
Water is now weak to Poison.

Abilities:
When status moves are used while a dark type is on the field, they will receive -1 priority (effectively cancelling out Prankster) instead of failing completely.

Moves:
Aurora Veil now reduces damage by 25% instead of 50%.
Stealth Rock damage reduced by 34%.
Scald is now super effective against Ice types (much like how Freeze Dry is super effective against Water types), but the chance to burn is now 15%.

Misc:
I want Hail to do something besides just be for Aurora Veil since there's a lot of shit that changes in sun/rain, and sandstorm gives Rock types extra SpD. Maybe extra defense?

Notes:
While Ice is a strong offensive type, it's the worst defensive type which severely cripples the effectiveness of most Ice pokémon. Ground has few resistances, and Freeze Dry gives Ice types a check to Water types; so Ground felt like a good choice.
Water has very few weaknesses, and Poison has been one of the worst types all around since Gen I. Fairy being weak to Poison does help its viability, but hopefully this will keep defensive Water types in check.
We wanted to make hail better on its own and not just something you need to set up Aurora Veil.
Stealth Rock is one of the most polarizing moves in multiplayer, and many pokémon that are weak to Rock type moves are often overlooked or under used because of Stealth Rock's proliferation. It will now deal 8.25%, 16.5%, and 33% for neutral, super effective, and double super effective respectively.
We felt like it'd be unfair to give Ice types Freeze Dry without a way for Water types to retaliate, so we gave Scald a bit of a different use.