Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[29 / 3 / ?]

This needs to be said, I think.

No.38961176 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
There's a lot of people that haven't actually bought a Switch yet because they were waiting for Sword and Shield. Look at how many people were expecting a Switch bundle with the Switch being a special edition but were disappointed that nothing of the sort was announced during either the direct or E3.
There's also a lot of people that actually have a living dex and Pokémon games are basically all they play. Pokémon is not just "a game" to them, it's part of their lives. Those are also the people that play Pokémon Go excessively even if for traditional players could care less about Go. Whether that's stupid or not is not what's important here.
What's going on right now is really getting to these people, it's their breaking point after all the things they've pushed aside. Not only are they deciding not to buy a game, they're also not buying the console for it. This is the main reason why Nintendo's stock has been falling since this shit started. Pokémon was always the reason why a lot of people bought the handhelds in the first place, I'm pretty sure a lot of people can agree with me on this. Now there's a large portion of people haven't bough the Switch because of LGPE and won't for Sword and Shield.
For those that already own the Switch, for those that bought LGPE, for those that don't care about having a full dex... This all seems trivial and it's true that all of this will not impact the sales as much as everyone says, but the fact remains that this time they've upset the their biggest fans, those that are most likely spending the most amount of money on merch and everything else. The games are entryways to everything in the new generations: anime, merch, movies, etc.. This is what investors will be most concerned about, not the games themselves.
If this gets worse and more investors go, not only will Nintendo have to step in, but TPC themselves as well.
Whether you agree with me or not, it's something to consider and think about.