Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 2 / ?]

Why a national Dex is perfectly possible from a coding perspective.

No.38969141 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c08rx2/why_it_is_not_impossible_to_have_a_national_dex/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ios_share_flow_optimization&utm_term=control_2
I know you guys hate reddit, but this guy has some good points. Here’s the direct text:
>Let's take a look at Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire in particular. They had 721 Pokemon total with 48 mega evolutions. By /u/artistX100's estimation of 5MB per pokemon, that would be 3.845GB total just for the Pokemon. With the max 3DS cart size at 8GB, they'd be roughly have the Cart taken up by just Pokemon. Sounds pretty bad, right?
>But that is NOT the case. I dumped Omega Ruby straight from my actual cart and the actual size of the game is 1.79GB. MUCH lower than the estimate from /u/artistX100.
>So let's take a closer look at the actual Pokemon Models and Textures. There actually is a comprehensive data dump of all Models and Textures from XY to LGPE that can be found out there. Here is a screenshot from the database.
>Let's look at ORAS first. The total size of the Model and Texture folders for the Pokemon is 348.1MB. That is about 453KB per Pokemon. That is roughly a TENTH of /u/artistX100's estimate.
>Now let's look at LGPE. This folder has the models and textures in the same folder with a total of 127.1MB. LGPE had 153 pokemon in it as well as all Kanto Alolan Variants and Mega Evolutions. This comes out to about 831KB per pokemon. That is 1/20th of the 15MB that was estimated.
1/2