Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.39191806 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm not mad, just disappointed. In fact, I've lost all emotional connection to anything beyond 7th gen. The two things redeeming this series for me were the in-game battle formats (for battling online or in the Battle Tower, etc.) and the Pokemon themselves. Removing the Battle Frontier was annoying but I didn't care too much since new formats were introduced, as well as new Pokemon I could call my favorites. Removing Triples and Rotations literally two generations later hurt my soul but I excused it because at least I could still use all the Pokemon for the other formats. Now there's just no hope. I won't be able to make any random set I want on cart. I won't be able to go through the new Battle Tower equivalent with all of my favorites. I don't even know if Ditto will be there to make legit breeding even remotely viable compared to just injecting. Gen 8 was going to be the system seller that'd get me to buy a Switch despite my white-hot burning hatred of paid online but that's not happening anymore.

Thank you, Game Freak, for saving me from spending at least $500 on another generation of various Pokemon media/merchandise. Maybe I'll still play Showdown but the games themselves are dead to me after 7th gen. Screaming into the void here won't make it any better but at least it'll help me move on.