Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 8 / ?]

Masuda on FRLG, Ohmori on HGSS

No.39238633 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
IGN: Why do you think the Pokemon franchise has remained so popular for so many years?

Ishihara: Because Masuda does a good job. (laughs) Really, it's a game that's touched children's hearts. It's part of players curiosity and what they're interested in. It delivers a new world for them to explore.

Masuda : We like to think about instinct. And when you see something new, you want to catch it and see what it is, and share it with your friends. It feels good to discover new things, so we try to appeal that instinct.

-
GameInformer: The Pokémon brand is obviously still very alive and well in Japan as HeartGold and SoulSilver have sold incredibly well there. What is it that keeps people interested in such a long-running franchise that already has a lengthy list of titles?

Morimoto: Because we always add new gameplay so each time the game evolves. I am confident that all the people engaged with the Pokémon brand including The Pokémon Company are making great efforts to ensure it’s a long-running franchise.

Ohmori: We challenge ourselves to create new gameplay every time we develop a new Pokémon game. I believe such effort is received very well by the players. I would like to keep challenging ourselves to determine how we can add new elements like wireless and Wi-Fi communication, as well as things like the Pokéwalker for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Matsushima: I believe it is because we keep challenging ourselves without changing the core. The core for Pokémon game is collecting, trading, and battling. For HeartGold and SoulSilver, it was the Pokéathlon and Pokéwalker.

Mori: I think it’s because the game is attractive to not only boys and girls, but also adults.

----------------
Masuda Interview: ign.com/articles/2004/05/13/e3-2004-the-pokemon-creators-speak

Ohmori Interview: gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/03/19/game-freak-pokemon-interview.aspx

Discuss. Same questions, entirely different answers.