Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[30 / 18 / ?]

Galar FakeMon ideas (and fakemons/regional forms in general)

No.39908747 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, like many people I'm not feeling too terribly impressed with some of the new pokemon created for the Galar region. That said, I'd like to hear what kind of Pokemon or regional form ideas you would have pitched if you had been in charge?

My own ideas include even some Starters based off different period of British civilization I've shared before. (the names are for the final evo stages)

>Elkdritch: a grass/fairy type based off the Celtic Druids and fey and deers and elk. Likely would have a grass cloak and hood like Decidueye. In-lore, they'd have once been common throughout Galar but were driven to low numbers by the arrival of the Aquilancer line, but some say they were not destroyed but hid in secret barrows or even another world. The HA of Elkdritch is Magic Bounce. Name comes from 'Elk' and 'Eldritch', the latter deriving from references of 'elves'

>Aquilancer: a fire/steel type armored hippogriff with knightly and Roman themes. In-lore they were beloved pokemon of an Empire in the South that conquered and heavily influenced Galar and Kalos. It's HA is Pure Power and it's name comes from 'Aquila', 'Equis' (both roman themed) and 'Lancer'

>Cetadmiral: a water/fighting orca with a battleship and naval motif. In-lore Cetadmiral line became highly regarded as Galarians became a seafaring power, despite it's brutish appearance it's a brilliant and tactical fighter. Cetadmiral is a based on Cetacea and Admiral (obviously), and it's HA is a unique one which increases how much it lowers target stats with status debuffs by two stages.