Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 3 / ?]

No.40071753 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Kanto has a huge issue I've never seen anyone brought up. You fight WAY TOO MANY POISON POKEMON. Here are all the areas invaded by poison mons.
Celadon: You have to go through a dungeon fighting tons of Team Rocket members. The vast majority of them only use poison mons.
Saffron City: ANOTHEr dungeon fighting tons of Team Rocket members. Again, mostly poison mons.
Route 16/17/18: Half the trainers are bikers who use more poison mons.
Fuschia: The trainers in the gym mainly use psychic mons, but the gym leader only use poison mons.
Again, these are not wild encounters. These are ALL trainers, which give much more EXP than wild mons. And that part of the game has a bit of non-linearity to it, but that doesn't really matter when the routes and dungeons with poison trainers are far longer and have more trainers than the other routes and dungeons (You have to go through the ghost tower, but it's pretty short compared to the Team Rocket dungeon).
What this means is that if you play by using whatever lets you score super effective attacks, then you Psychic move user will be much more leveled than your other mons after you've gone through this- I'm talking like 15-20 levels ahead since there's so many poison mons.
And yes, I know Poison isn't just weak to Psychic. They're also weak to Ground. But the Zubat line and the Wheezing line are both immune to Ground, so the only thing you'll be hitting will be the Koffing line and the odd Ekans line.
But that's not all! After you're done with all these poison mons, you get surf! Well, Kanto is special because all the fucking water pokemon only appear when fishing. So what do you fight when you surf? The Tentacool line, which is Water/Poison. I'm not making this up; that is literally the only line that appears when surfing from route 19 to route 21. At least it's also weak to Ground and Electric.
If people complains about "too much water" in Hoenn, then let me tell you, Kanto has too much Poison.