Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 6 / ?]

No.40583195 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why do you Dextrannies like to make a lot of presumptions about GameFreak? You presume that GameFreak doesn't want to make a good game. Doesn't want to create good graphics. Doesn't want to create quality content. They don't care about the consumer. They only care about profit, but on the rare occasion someone might do something extra because they actually like their job.

You act as if you know the inner workings of GameFreak as if you were in their offices, studying their every move. As if you can read the minds of every single worker. Although I can see why you would think such things, it seems apparent to me that this is merely fueled by misguided disappointment and angst.

Using the passive fanbase as a blanket scapegoat for things like why GameFreak removes features, doesn't utilize voice acting or controllable cameras, and utilized to random encounters and 4 directional movement for 20+ years is perhaps the peal of your ignorance. Have you ever considered that these were merely aesthetic choices? That perhaps Game Freak simply decided that some features weren't necessary? But no, I guess you know better than the people who make the actual games. And no, Pokemon is not the only franchise with a passive fanbase. I've only participated in a handful of fandoms and even i know that.

I can agree that being too passive can potentially lead to a slippery slope where people can become too accepting of declining quality or quality that is not increasing at an expected rate. However, pinning every fault on the fanbase without considering other alternatives speaks just how ignorant you are.

I don't know for sure if GameFreak does or doesn't have those attributes they've listed. I don't know for sure if the fandom is truly to blame or not. But unlike you Dextrannies, I don't pretend to know.