Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[19 / 3 / ?]

Not trying to hate

No.40596987 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMl4taee5LM

Just look at how fluid everything looks. The attention to detail, the animation quality, the environments, the lighting, the textures, etc. Sure, Luigi's Mansion is much smaller in scope than a Pokémon game, but there was very obviously care put into every little thing.

Even if we can't have that with every single Pokemon, surely having that level of detail in the more static things such as trainers, buildings, etc, wouldn't have been too much to ask, right?

I mean, sure trees are a meme at this point, but really? Seriously? The Switch isn't having to render all 800+ Pokemon at once, a completely static tree has no excuse for being so lazily done when Luigi's Mansion looks this fucking fantastic.

The animation quality in Luigi's Mansion is next fucking level, so much character and care put into every little animation detail. Again, Pokemon is larger in scope, but as we've seen over the months, characters and trainers are reusing animations from Sun and Moon. I literally wouldn't care if animations got reused as long as they were just as fluid and full of character.
Just compare a Team Skull Grunt to the average trainer in SM, the way they gangster walk towards you. It had character. Imagine that level of care given to every single trainer class, as well as more fluid movement.
ORAS and SM had contextual movement animations for when you were walking/running through tall grass, yet SwSh is simply reusing the SM ones instead of giving us new ones. Imagining something as simple as Leaning, something Super Mario 64 nailed in the god damn 90s. As you chase a rare Pokemon through the grass, you lean in on your turns instead of just gliding 60° to the left

I'm buying the games for pre-install later today, but bros, I really can't believe Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield are on the same god damn fucking console. I mean really... one team clearly put SOUL into their work, while the other put in the bare minimum.