Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

Realistic Sales Numbers

No.41186719 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Some things to know:
>LGPE sold 11 million, so this will act as the theoretical minimum since it is extremely unlikely a main line generation forerunner will do worse than
>38 million Switches has been sold, so that will act as a theoretical cap
>the game is riding off of Detective Pikachu, the anime, and Pokemon GO all doing various degrees of fairly well, so the brand is in a good spot aside from Dexit drama.

My Prediction:
>15 million lifetime sales, making it on par with previous new gen games excluding RB and GS
>damage from Dexit and quality will be cushioned by a previously untapped casual fanbase
>buyfags will herald this as evidence of the boycott’s failure, ignoring the fact that Gamefreak squandered their chance to make this game a system move.
>I’d guess the game could have broken 20 million had they done a proper job, I want to say it could surpass GS even but that feels too optimistic.

The worst part is that buyfags will act like they won when they see fairly average sales numbers, but all they’re doing is bragging about personally being okay with a drastic decline in quality. Sales won’t be low enough for GF to do anything, and were just gonna get shittier games from now on. Now, Pokemon will join the ranks of Halo, Fallout and Mass Effect fans who shit on their own stuff relentlessly.