Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[117 / 7 / ?]

No.41196760 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Turns out Ohmori didn't actually say they had to make new Pokemon models, and Game Freak's own website saysthey are reusing them

Gaijin Hunter looked into it and translated the interview, revealing that Ohmori never actually specified that the new models they had to make were of the Pokemon themselves. Just that they had to make new models for the Switch in general, which is pretty obvious because Galar isn't using X and Y or Sun and Moon assets.

In fact on Game Freak's official Japanese website it says that they ARE reusing the Pokemon models, something which almost no one seems to have brought up. It seems like Game Freak is not only not lying, but actually telling the truth about them reusing them.

>on their official website right now they have an interview with the technical artist working on the game and he states that they are using existing models
>“I am a technical artist and I am primarily in charge of model expression for the game series “Pokemon”. Specifically, I work on the development of the shaders for the Nintendo Switch, deciding model specifications, and methods for efficiently refining previously-made models.”

Considering the entirety of #gamefreaklied is based on this, this is pretty big. Note that this is not a defense of the cut in general, just an attempt to see if Game Freak really did lie about this.

https://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/189059638232/my-quest-to-understand-the-pokemon-rage-over-they