Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[66 / 11 / ?]

ITT: Review all titles you've played

No.41211712 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Red & Blue:
Hard to really place objectively. It's fun to see the franchises roots and play with all of the funky glitches. Definitely enjoyable to play at the least.

Gold & Silver:
Fucking comfy, easily superior to Gen 1, most ambitious games to date.

Ruby & Sapphire:
Don't hold up super well, kind of underwhelming, I'd give them a pass

FireRed & LeafGreen:
For me personally, the beginning of the golden age. These games blow the originals out of the water and add so much to do and enjoy. I have a lot of good memories of completing the kanto pokedex on these bad boys

Emerald:
Absolutely amazing, completely render RS obsolete. First great postgame in the franchise.

Diamond & Pearl:
Suffer from the same issues as Ruby and Sapphire, starts to show that first versions aren't very good. Not the worst games, but not really worth your time

Platinum:
Emerald 2 electric boogaloo. Fixes a lot of issues with Diamond and Pearl on almost every level. Truly good game.

HeartGold and SoulSilver:
Best mainline titles in my personal opinion. Absolutely remarkable. You can easily get 50 hours in even on multiple playthroughs. The peak of the franchise in many ways.

Black & White:
Competent games, but my least favorite games so far. Should be held in high esteem but I personally don't like them.

Black 2 & White 2:
Definitely improve on the previous games, but suffer from some strange choices.

X & Y:
Admittedly I hated these games on my first playthrough, they kind of grew on me over time though. Play them if you're bored.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire:
Real dogshit, and heavy disappointments coming off of the trend set by FRLG and HGSS for remakes. I liked the soaring mechanics and that's about it.

Sun & Moon:
I genuinely remember nothing about these games, really disappointing

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon:
Same issue as previous, Necrozma was cool though

All told: The franchise peaked a decade ago and it's a shambling corpse at this point.