Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 2 / ?]

Late to the party, here are my thoughts anyway

No.41264465 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
CONS:
>The dex cut. You can't transfer non-Galar mons outside of a small handful. Pokemon Home is not a solution, I like my mons on a physical cartridge I own and not on a server who knows where. Pokemon Bank won't last forever, eventually it won't be possible to transfer from older games at all.
>Reused models. It would be obvious even if I wasn't actively thinking about it because of you guys. It looks bad.
>The opening drags. Before you can challenge the gyms, you have to talk to like three other people.
>The game crashed. It only happened once, but I still prefer my AAA games to not crash.
>Characters disappear when you're far away. The only reason I didn't realize this was a problem at first was because I'm nearsighted IRL.
>The entire plot with the chairman. You go break into his building because the plot says so, then there's a weird non-animated cutscene, and finally an anticlimactic boss fight where the version mascots do most of the work.
>I'm about to fight the champion, and I don't feel anything.
>I haven't gotten to the postgame quite yet, but I'm sure it's just as exciting as the one from USUM.

PERSONAL GRIPES:
>Hop is an idiot
>Too many Wooloo in the opening section

NON-ISSUES:
>A Pokemon design is a Pokemon design, and whether you like it or not really is up to personal preference

PROS:
>Trees aside, the overall aesthetic is nice
>Random encounters were changed to be less annoying, and there are plenty of overworld encounters
>Most of the gym leaders have good designs and fun personalities (grass dude still looks weird tho)
>Bede and Marnie are alright rivals
>It's fun, because even the worst mainline Pokemon games are that

Do you have any idea how hard it was to take the hate for these games seriously? Surprisingly, it turns out that escalating to the point where you foam at the mouth whenever you see a Kanto mon doesn't make you sound like someone worth listening to. If you really want to make the franchise better, don't lose your head.