Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

I'm a pokemon fan now

No.41545367 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I've just played through pokemon shield, I've beaten the final battle with Hop. it took me about 63 hours.
Around the ice gym is when things got a little hard for me, but it wasn't really a challenge until Raihan, it took me a bunch of tries for me to beat Raihan.
I thought the curry mechanic was fun, as well as how I can use toys to play with them, it's all really endearing.
my party got wiped a few times by some of the major battles, especially the one against zacian, shieldbert, Leon, and the final one against Hop

Before Sword and Shield I've never properly played a pokemon game before, I borrowed pokemon Y and played some of it. But Shield was the first time I thought "yeah, I actually just get it."

I think I really love pokemon now, I've even started watching the anime.
competitive sounded like it could be fun, but it seems impenetrable; everytime it's just dragapult, mimikyu, or cramorant and their abilities always feel really cheap, so unless there's a decent answer to them it seems like poor design.
I also don't like the IV thing, I can't even tell how I'm supposed to read if it's good or not and the game never explained how. Why can't I just train the pokemon I'm attached to for better base stats instead of the eugenics? It both seems antithetical to pokemon's themes and piss ass boring to constantly breed for a viable pokemon.

Otherwise, I really liked it, I want to follow this series now and even played some of the older games.