Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[71 / 5 / ?]

ITT: What is Content

No.42345787 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
There have been plenty of threads both before and after SwSh's release discussing the content of the game who it does or does not stack up to previous games. How it fails to meet expectations or how it exceeds expectations.

One of the primary arguments against SwSh has been that it does not have a sufficient amount of content for its price tag (or something to that effect), but at the same time people seem to not agree on what actually counts towards content and how much it counts towards content. So I ask you, what do you consider content in Pokemon Games, reference any and all games if you want and also whether you think SwSh (and its DLC if you want) meet their price tag in terms of content particularly in comparison to previous games in the series.

I know one of the main arguments regarding content is that of the Pokemon themselves, we've all seen the joke 1 Pokemon = 1 Content and shit like that, and I think it becomes pretty confusing when discussing whether they're content or not especially since part of the DLC for these games is putting old Pokemon back into the game. Here's the thing, for me the Pokemon are content but having more or less on its own does not make a generation better than another, USUM isn't better than SM because it has 5 more Pokemon for instance, so in SwSh's case it is a removal of content by having ~400 Pokemon removed from the game however that alone wouldn't make the game bad, however it is a bad practise imo that the content of the old Pokemon is being re-sold as DLC (I'm aware you can get the Pokemon via trading however they're still part of the equation in terms of the content the player gets from purchasing the DLC).