Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / ?]

Playing Pokemon Again After a Decade

No.42433291 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I used to really enjoy the competitive scene back in Gen IV, but I got busy with other things and I haven't played a Pokemon game or put together a moveset in about 10 years. I ordered a Switch and Pokemon Sword because my girlfriend got me back into it, and as I've been waiting for the package to arrive I went looking around to see what was different. It looks like they simplified a lot of things that used to be a huge pain in the ass (Getting good IVs, the ability to change stats as though your Pokemon has a beneficial nature, hypertraining, etc.). One thing I always used to despise, however, was breeding in order to get a particular move, especially when it was a move that was only available in a previous generation or different game and required chain breeding and a transfer from a different platform to accomplish. How prevalent is this going to be in Sw/Sh, bearing in mind I know it's not really even going to be an option until Pokemon Home comes out? Are these quality of life fixes for competitive trainers as good as they sound or is it still a horrendous ordeal entailing days of riding around on a bike waiting for dozens of eggs to hatch in order to get one Pokemon the way you want it? Can I prepare for what I'm in for in any way?