Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[225 / 21 / ?]

No.43351797 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Behold, the two most mishandled types in the entire fucking series, and here's how Gamefreak fucked up handling them for over 2 decades now

-Electric
>Despite being considered a "staple type" and part of the core, there's almost fuck-all Electric Pokemon to use, one of the rarest types in the entire game and hardly any are introduced each gen
>If you decide to use one, I hope you like fast special attackers, that's 99% of what all of them are
>Also I hope you like the color Yellow as a ton are also just yellow animal (and they're usually the better designs)
>Also I hope you like pure type Pokemon, Electric has one of the absolute worst type diversities out of all types in existence. Playing Gen 2? The available typings with Electric in that game are Electric (6 FE choices! 6!), Electric/Steel (Magneton), Electric/Flying (Zapdos, a Legendary you need to trade with older games for), and Electric/Water (Lanturn). That's it. It's barely improved over the generations, needing fucking gimmicks like Rotom, Megas and the Galar fossils to boost its typings.
>Despite the above, there are STILL pure type Electric Pokemon introduced constantly

-Fighting
>Terrible English name, not sure how it is in other translations but it's just a dumb fucking name for a type
>If you decide to use a Fighting Pokemon, hope you like pure Attack stat Pokemon!
>Execution of the theme is terrible, the basic idea seems to imply martial arts, but in practice so many of its Pokemon are just "it likes to fight/it is super strong" which is terrible, especially in a series where all Pokemon fight
>Just like Electric, has a massive issue with pure type Fighting Pokemon introduced constantly (lol Gen 8), and all have nearly identical stat spreads and are outclassed entirely
>hahaha Fire/Fighting starters

Thoughts? Are there any other types that you consider to have been poorly handled for one reason or another? I'm sure you could make arguments for Ice, Grass, Psychic, and Fairy for this.