Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 2 / ?]

These are the questions I ask myself when I'm bored as fuck

No.43778725 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I wanna discuss something with you guys.
I want to know what would be so bad about Gamefreak going back and changing certain things about older Pokemon. This can range from relatively harmless stuff to things that change how we view the Pokemon as a whole.

Let's start off small.
What is the argument against GF, for example, going back and changing abilities of Pokemon? I don't mean adding new abilities to Pokemon who only have 1, I mean straight up removing a shit ability from a Pokemon and replacing it with something that is more viable.

How about changing old shinies COMPLETELY since back before gen 6 they used to simply use some shitty algorithm to determine what the shiny colouration would be, hence why the vast majority of pre-gen 6 shinies are dogshit (there are obviously exceptions here).
Wow you'll make that one guy who likes neon green ursaring mad that you took away his neon green bear shiny and potentially made it better. Doesn't seem like an argument to me.

Finally what would be wrong with taking this to the extreme and fixing past evolutionary mistakes, and make no mistake, they are mistakes.
Venonat is CLEARLY supposed to evolve into Butterfree while Venomoth clearly evolves from Caterpie + Metapod.
Yeah I can see why people wouldn't want to upset shit here since its been such a long standing thing now but it's still a mistake, it could still be fixed, people would adjust.